Spring has officially arrived and if you’ve been thinking about selling your home, now is the time to get moving. It’s the most active time for buyers. The weather is nice, and listing now gives you plenty of time if you need to turn around and buy a new place.
Some of the top reasons to sell your house in the springtime include the following:
- Interest Rates Are Holding Steady – The interest rate dropped to 2.5% in December 2018, and it is expected to hold steady through 2021. Combined with low inventory levels, this ensures a huge number of interested buyers in the local market.
- Buyers Are Most Active in the Spring – Most buyers have good reasons for wanting to find and purchase a house early in the year. Many have children, for example, and want to get settled in well before fall rolls around. Others just want time to let the dust settle before the holidays.
- Get an Early Start – If you are buying a new home after selling yours, it’s especially wise to put your house on the market early in the spring. In fact, there’s still time to make it happen. Contact real estate companies in Macomb County about two weeks before you’re ready to list your home so that they have time to check it out and give you advice.
- There Are Tons of Buyers – Now that millennials have been buying homes for a while, there are more serious, active buyers on the market these days than ever. In 2018, 33% of first-time homebuyers were millennials, and their median age was 32. Still, the median age for buyers as a whole was 47, so people from many demographics are actively looking – especially during the spring.
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Sale This Spring
Spring may be here, but there’s still time to prepare your home for sale properly. Just keep the following tips in mind:
- Price your home correctly the first time. Work with an experienced agent who understands the local market and has access to good comps to ensure that you hit the sweet spot.
- Focus on curb appeal and staging. Freshen up the front yard with some fresh flowers and other landscaping. Clear as much stuff out of the house so that you can stage it effectively.
- Check out the competition. Stay abreast of recent home sales near you, and see how your home compares.
- List your house for sale on a Thursday. Statistics show that homes listed on Thursdays sell faster and for more money – often above list price, even.
Make the Most of the Spring Homebuying Market
Most areas of the country are still experiencing seller’s markets, so now is an especially terrific time to list your house for sale. Get started now by contacting real estate companies in Macomb County and by taking the first steps to stage and prepare your place.